Please order your repeat medication early as they take 2 working days to process.
If you have already registered to use the Vision Online system please
CLICK HERE to order your Repeat Prescription
There are two easy ways to order repeat prescriptions:
1. Use the repeat medication request form issued with prescriptions and put a tick beside the item(s) you need. Put this form into the collection box in the surgery or post it to us. (If you would like to have a prescription posted back to you, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.)
2. By Clicking on the relevant link above and filling in our online form.
Please allow 48 working hours before collecting your prescription.
Repeat Prescription Collection Service
The practice operates a repeat prescription collection service, whereby, your nominated pharmacist collects the prescription which can then be obtained from the phamacy. Please allow 72 working hours after ordering. Please ask at reception for further details and to obtain an authorisation form (one for each person).
Medication for other members of the family
Please do not request medication for other members of your family while consulting about yourself.
ALL PRESCRIPTIONS READY WITHIN
48 WORKING HOURS
PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE TO SEE IF PRESCRIPTIONS ARE READY.
THIS TAKES UP VALUABLE STAFF TIME.
Repeat medication is something that you receive monthly. Not all medicines are on repeat and some have to be authorised monthly by the Doctors (these include pain killers; antidepressants; sleeping tablets). This is for patient safety reasons.
Key Points to Remember
- Please allow 48 working hours excluding weekends and Bank Holidays to obtain your repeat prescription.
- If you think you are getting side effects from your medication contact the surgery as soon as possible.
- Not all medication is suitable to be given as a repeat, this will be decided by your doctor. The usual amount supplied is also decided by your doctor.
- Only take the medication that your doctor has told you to take. Some medication that you can buy over the counter can affect your prescribed treatment. Please let the doctor know if you are taking regular drugs which you buy over the counter.
- Please let us know if you are no longer taking any of the drugs on your repeat list so we can update this for you
- Please only re-order medicines that you need. Stockpiling medicines may lead to waste if your medicines are changed or they go out of date.
- Please tell your doctor if you wish to stop any medication. Some medication should not be stopped suddenly.
- Do not share your medication with anyone else, or take anyone else's medication. This could be harmful.
- Always check instructions for storage. Store your medication properly, in a locked cupboard, in a cool dry place, out of reach of children.
- Dispose of unused medication responsibly. Take it to your usual pharmacy. They will dispose of it safely. Do not flush down the sink, toilet or put in dustbin.